The power of lunch ?


No man is an island and that goes double for dentists since we can only accomplish so much without the help of our staff. I am particularly fortunate in this regard since I have a wonderful staff whom are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and loyal! my combined staff (My office manager  Ida-35 years,  hygienists, Marilyn-40 years,  Elena-25 years and my dental assistant Jennifer-10 years) share 110 years of dental experience, many of which were spent as part of my team serving my patients. They are well attuned to our patients needs and make every effort to ensure that they have a positive experience.

Ida wears many hats, but one of her primary jobs is as our dental practice concierge. She helps our patients with understanding their insurance coverage and helps process their claims. She is a great listener and helps schedule appointments that fit into their busy schedules. If a patient is having any problem, including  affording a proposed treatment plan, she will discuss this with me and together come up with a solution that will probably satisfy our patient's needs

Marilyn and Elena are truly dedicated to our patients and their dental health. They goe above and beyond in order to help find potential problems before they worsen  as well as teach our patients the importance of home care. I like to joke around that they have AAD degrees (Almost a dentist degree).

Jennifer, my dental assistant has 10 years dental experience and is adept and interested in helping me provide a consistently excellent  standard of dental care. On top of that she is well liked by our patients and does a great job of making their dental visits as pleasant as possible.

In fact many of my patients  like to remind me how lucky I am to have such a good staff. Yes I have had good fortune, but I have made a conscious effort to employ staff that likes helping people and are genuinely "good eggs".While some offices stagger their lunch hours, in order to limit down time, we close our office from one to two every day. Usually we lunch together, often sharing what ever we have brought from home or take out.

Probably once per week we order a lunch from a nearby restaurant and  have a lunchtime meal paid for by the practice. Nothing too fancy, but still we really enjoy these shared family style meals. Most of us have families and are eager to get home after work, so lunch time works the best for our get togethers. Our lunches are enjoyed by all,  as well as help foster closer relationships. This is important since there are  times we  experience friction, but because we are close, we get over these small bumps and like most good friends, excuse each others mistakes and forgive quickly.



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-power-of-lunch.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know