Is sexual harassment training mandatory for all dental staff ?


As of October 9th, 2019 dentists must comply with the New York State law that mandates  all employers provide sexual harrassment training to their employees. This training needs to be taken and given by all employees of dental practices (the dentist included) each year from now on. I realize that the October deadline date has passed, but I am sure a number of dentists have not yet completed their training.

Recently a colleague of mine asked me about how I provided training for my staff. He was a little "tardy" and wanted to provide training for his staff now. I explained it is not terribly difficult and I  completed the training in about an hour with my staff during a lunch and learn.

I took the mandatory online course given by the NYU College of dentistry in the spring and I had my staff watch it as well. Each of my staff had to sign an attestation that they completed their training and I filed this paper away just in case I need proof of my compliance. The New York State Dental Society has a page on their website that explains our responsibilities for training and provides links to two Youtube videos that can be used for training. Please remember that the training must be "interactive". I believe that the second link provides a video format for employees to take a quiz while watching the video. They can write their answers on a piece of paper while watching.

If you have a dental office and haven't already done so why not use the links provided by the New York Dental Society ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7LwBsV9bM) &(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1za7gs9S2H0) to run your own training program or if you want you can find a paid for source for you're training, so that your office can be compliant with the New York State law.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/12/is-sexual-harassment-training-mandatory.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know