Your dental office has a dance coordinator?


Yesterday was bring your child to work day  and my new assistant Grysel brought her daughter to visit . She is quite personable and loves dancing, but was quietly sitting in the business office "working" on her iPad on coloring projects. After awhile she popped her head into our treatment room to see whats going on.

I remember when my son was younger we used to dress him up as Doctor David and introduce him as part of the team and I suggested we suit up Fabiana as well. We scrounged up a uniform, mask and gloves and put her to work. Seeing as she has a strong interest in dance and entertainment we assigned her a new job as our "dance coordinator". I suggested we make a short video of a performance between patients and she enthusiastically performed an impromptu dance to what we had on pandora. What a trooper, she nailed her performance in one take!

Towards the end of the day I asked her if maybe she would now consider being a "dancer"/ "dentist" when she grows up and she seemed to be thinking it over. After a moment or two of thought,  she  concluded that might be a good idea.  When we were finished I started to set up for my study club presentation  that night  and she didn't want to go home and instead wanted to attend our meeting. Her mom and her had to go home but Fabiana is welcome to come to work with her mom when ever her school schedule allows... I hope she has a repeat performance sometime very soon.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/04/your-dental-office-has-dance-coordinator.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know