My laptop dog?


I have a rather needy dog who craves my attention, especially when I am sitting on my "easy"chair composing my blog posts or watching continuing ed dental videos on my laptop. She likes to sleep on my lap while I am doing this which sounds nice, but since she is a bull dog she weighs about 50 lbs  which is  unusually heavy for a lapdog. Still I like having her rest on my legs while I am working on my posts and in fact she is doing so while I am writing this post.

She used to sit a my feet and bark at me while I was trying to work, but one day I lifted her up and put her on my lap and that made her happy. This became our routine.  Because she is not the neatest dog ( Bulldogs can be messy.. they slobber, scratch and do other things I won't mention) I covered our chair with some throw away soft fabric that happened to be decorated with batman insignias.

 Often when I return home I find her sound asleep in what is now called the "Bat Cave".  It  seems to have become her favorite place, with me or without me. I find it comforting that when I return home I often find her in my chair,  patiently waiting for my return.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/04/my-laptop-dog.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know