In this topsy turvy world being negative is positive?



 I just came back from CityMD after having a two Covid tests (one rapid AG and one a regular PCR test). The results of the rapid test were emailed to me within 30 minutes.... I was negative, just like I have been when I have been periodically tested since reopening last June. For most of this time I have been going to work on an express bus and coming home on the NYC Subway. The subway is the scariest part of my day because some of the other riders are not wearing their masks properly or not wearing one at all. 

I have been double masking since July, using an N95 mask as my first mask and covering it with a surgical type three mask over it. I haven't been wearing a new N95 every day, because of their scarcity and my strategy has worked so far. 

I received my second Moderna Vaccine over a week ago and am feeling relatively relaxed about Covid, but I will still continue to wear my double masks when treating patients and when commuting to and from work. In fact this weekend I ordered about 400 N95 masks from Schein and plan on giving one to each patient in the goody bag that my patients receive after their cleaning. If they let me, I will give them a lesson on how to wear them as well. 

While this is not my primary responsibility, it's the least I can do for my patients, many of whom are elderly and have a number of comorbidities.   Dentists are for the most part trusted by their patients and they tend to be grateful for our knowledge and advice. If we are able to play a part in helping them stay safe then that makes the additional effort worthwhile!



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2021/02/in-this-topsy-turvy-world-being.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know