How can I improve the seal for my N95 mask?

 


Now that new more aggressive Covid strains are becoming more prevalent, wearing properly fitted masks is becoming even more important. I have been using N95 masks since last June and they seem to be keeping me safe, but I have developed a "nervous" tick involving repeatedly squeezing the mask around my nose to help ensure that it is well sealed around my nose. After talking with others, it seems that I am not the only one with this tic.

One of my colleagues has been using "mask tape" to help with his seal, so I went on Amazon and ordered three packages of double sided mask tape. It's basically double sided scotch tape that is cut so that it can be applied to the cushiony material that contacts a wearers nose and it helps create a better seal. Yesterday I tried it. The instructions are to apply the tape to the inside of the mask and then put the mask on, but I couldn't get the tape to stick well to my mask, so instead I applied the tape onto the bridge of my nose and then put my mask on. I pressed on the top of the mask and it seems to work well. Better yet, my "tic" seems to have vanished. I give this product a double thumbs up!



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2021/02/how-can-i-improve-seal-for-my-n95-mask.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know