What's cooking Dr. Spindel?

Potato and Salmon Soup

Most of my Facebook friends know I like cooking. So far since last Wednesday when I closed my office I have been cooking up a storm.   The internet is a terrific place for finding recipes and even though my kitchen is a tiny galley kitchen, I love eating and find that cooking is a sure fire way to ensure I am eating well while on my staycation. After watching hours of  News broadcasts about the Corona Virus on TV I thought it was time for some old fashioned comfort food, the sort my Grandma Masha would have made.

In New York City our supermarkets still have food, but the local Key Food where I shop is a little picked over. They had the fish I needed but were short on onions. They even had paper towels. I resorted to buying some over priced onions at our local farmers market which was open.

Yesterday I made the Olga's Potato and salmon soup pictured above and today I made Olga's Potato and Cod soup. Both are delicious. They do involve a lot of chopping but I have plenty of time on my hands.

Potato and Cod Soup
Both meals were as good as they look and I must compliment Olga on her Grand mother's Belarusian recipes!



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2020/03/whats-cooking-dr-spindel.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know