Is the office closed?


Our office will be closed starting on March 16th. We took this step for a number of good reasons. While health experts inform us that it is probably too late to completely contain the Corona virus, mitigating it's rate of spread is a public health priority. Since most dental procedures are elective, in my opinion the best option is to delay treatment for our patients for the present.

For now,  I believe that going to work and seeing patients for elective procedures will inevitably not only put my staff and patients at risk, but may inadvertently help spread the Corona Virus. I believe that now is the time to slow down the spread of this virus, so as to allow our health care system extra time to manage their response and not become overwhelmed.

We realize that our decision represents an inconvenience for some of our patients, but out of an abundance of caution our office will close for the upcoming week (and probably the week after). My patients should feel free to contact me via my cell phone (It is given out on our office answering message) and if they have a true emergency I will try to help and advise them.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2020/03/is-office-closed.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know