Cue the Mariachis?


Last month, when leaving my office I was serenaded by a Mariachi band playing from across the street. I asked Lourdes, the receptionist from my building what was going on and she said it was a demonstration ( a cheerful one!)  to protest the lawyer who was caught on video delivering an anti-immigrant rant. Evidently his office was across the street.  I walked by ( New Yorkers are a jaded  bunch) but then turned around so I could record this short video. 

New York, for the most part is a celebration of diversity. Walking around my neighborhood, there seem to be people from every part of the world, mostly all getting along, and all going about their daily business. Occasionally, some stressed out New Yorker can be observed angrily ranting about this or that ( sadly, it always seems to happen when I am trapped on a subway car  and unable to easily escape. ) I guess since their are over eight million New Yorkers in the city, there's bound to be some of kooks out an about.

Mostly, the Vibe on the streets of Manhattan is a good one. It seems that no matter where you look, theres something going on thats interesting. It's hard to be bored when strolling around town. My favorite part of living in New York is walking and just taking it all in. No planning is needed and I am never disappointed. 






from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/06/cue-on-mariachis.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know