Back to the Future?


Yesterday was my first day at NYUCD. I decided to return to my old haunts  to teach third and fourth year students in Module #3AB. Although it was completely redecorated it is the same space where I spent my clinical studies in my third  and final year of dental school. The clinic and the school have definitely had a facelift since my days as a student and clinical instructor in the 1980's ( I was also teaching in module 3AB as well.

My practice hours in my own dental practice have been modified to include a later start time on Thursdays ( about one PM) since I will be teaching on Thursday mornings and all day Friday. I even have time for me to walk to and from the school from my office. Its only about a 25 minute walk, so I intend to use the time to get some much needed exercise.

I will spend the next month shadowing experienced faculty, so I can observe the "new" NYU ways , since things have changed a lot since my last stint teaching. I also have some online training that I need to do before I will be allowed to formally supervise procedures but I am excited and honored to have the opportunity to help with the training of the students that I met yesterday.







from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/06/back-to-future.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know