Is the office on vacation?


Larisa and Elena started their vacation last week, while Ida, Marilyn and I soldiered on. Last Thursday was our last day and now we are all on vacation until August 21rst. Yesterday I drove to the local Asian market in Elmhurst , bought three live lobsters and steamed them in a big pot, to officially celebrate the beginning of my time off (they were delicious!).

As I am writing this, I am just starting to get psyched for my annual time in Cape Cod. I have gone most summers for the last 59 years and have many fond memories.
These annual trips have been a time when I can  take a break from work mode. I am free to be me, what ever that means. This Tuesday, my son David, a few of his friends and I will drive up to Woods Hole in Cape Cod to spend 9 days in our rental house. Possibly we will resurrect our vintage Sunfish and take it to the beach for a sail. Bicycling is a daily ritual as well as trips to "Pie in the Sky" for breakfast , a local Woods Hole hangout.

Of course I will have my cell phone with me and will invariably field a few phone calls from distraught patients. Luckily I have a number of competent dental colleagues who are  available to help with patients in need. Many callers are  content to wait for my return, but I will make arrangements for those who can't wait to be seen.





from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2017/08/is-office-on-vacation.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know