Metlife-Action Required by February 2-,2017?


Metlife has been sending out multiple letters to my office claiming after February 20th EFT (electronic fund transfer) will be their "only payment method for provider reimbursement going forward and in big bold type face "Your enrollment in EFT is required on or before February 20th, 2017."

To me, these communications seem misleading, since they are sent to my office and we do not participate with the Metlife Insurance Plan. Of course Metlife is free to choose to send their reimbursement checks to my patients if they choose, but then I will have to bill Metlife patients for their care directly. As far as I can see, they can not force a non participating dentist to provide them access to his or her bank account. A call I placed to the Dental Society of the State of New York has confirmed this thought.

While some dentists may welcome EFT since it may in fact save some labor for their staff by not having to open as much mail in order to process Metlife payments, for my office it would be an inconvenience since it would force us to regularly log on to the Metlife Website, in order to process their payments.

As of today I am starting a a lemon award for poor behavior by insurance companies and other vendors that deal with us dentists and I will start by awarding Metlife three lemons!

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://ift.tt/2iVAhv8 - http://ift.tt/1SpPbm6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know