But I can't get used to wearing removable!?!

In the last several months I have had to fabricate "flipper" removable transitional dentures for several patients who needed extractions. I just could not think of a better temporary option for them. A couple got really upset at the time of insertion ( one was in tears!). Now that a couple of months has gone by, all have accommodated to wearing their plastic removable teeth and one even wants me to make a better more permanent version.  The take home message for me is that people really have an amazing ability to adapt to things and with some time they get used to the idea and they go on with their lives. I always add that this solution can usually be a temporary one, that looks good and is inexpensive. Most are aware that other more expensive options are available if they can't stand wearing their removable "appliance". I call it an appliance because one of my patients requested that she was ok with it as long as I didn't refer to it a denture!

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know