Necessary Casulties in the war against Covid 19?

 


We have been spraying a 200 parts per million HOCL fog in our dental treatment rooms since July. Our periodontist and orthodontist share an office and they were spraying between each patient appointment as well. Since they see more patients every day than we do they experienced an increased rate of rust formation before we did. There chairs were older models and had paint chipped off and the exposed metal was showing visible rust. Also their rheostat foot pedals were showing some rust where they were scratched. 

My units are newer and I really haven't noticed much rust. Our Gendex x-ray systems had a painted surface that had shown some signs of rust even before we started spraying with HOCl. Today I noticed a screw that kept my Belmont unit's light shield in place was rusting as well. Aside from that my treatment rooms are doing fine.


                          


After hearing about my periodontists experience, we backed off spraying, unless we had performed a high aerosol producing procedure, but now we are experiencing a possible second wave of infectivity in NYC and we have resumed fogging our treatment rooms after each patient. I guess rust could  be considered a necessary casualty of war in our fight against Covid.  I am interested to hear about other dentists experiences using HOCL fogging. Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog.




from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2020/10/necessary-casulties-in-war-against.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know