The greater New York Dental Convention?


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. It reminds us to be grateful for what we have and hopefully we can spend this time with our loved friends and family. Dentists, like many other small business owners usually close the day after  but we in NY have an additional tradition; We attend our Greater NY dental convention that is held annually at the Jacob Javits Center. It runs  every year from the Friday to Wednesday, following Thanksgiving.

On Friday Through Wednesday, continuing ed classes are offered given by lecturers from all over the country. My office suite mate, Dr. Steven Moss, has spent the last year attending other meetings, scouting for potential lecturers from around the country. He informs me that this meeting has a new feature, the CE Passport. For a $595 onetime fee (or $895 for them and their entire staff), attendees are free to go to any and all lectures at the convention in 2019. As he excitedly relates: "This is a terrific deal!" ,  since it is possible for a dentist to economically accumulate all his needed continuing ed credits in one week.

On Friday I plan on attending a lecture by John Kanca , a bonding Guru and an excellent speaker. I really don't need any continuing ed credits, but I look forward to hear his all day presentation on adhesive dentistry.

Starting on Sunday the exhibitors booths are open for business and for dentists our convention becomes an extended black Friday week. Usually I go on Sunday and spend the day "Window shopping" by visiting all the booths that interest me and asking questions of the vendors about their products. I always end up spending more than I plan to but I enjoy the day and often meet up with collogues I haven't seen all year. If you are a dentist or dental student, the meeting is free and should be well worth attending. If you haven't already done so visit the meetings website to register online!




from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-greater-new-york-dental-convention.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know