Dexis upgrade to Titanium?


Last year a new Dexis Sensor, The Titanium , was introduced. It was advertised as new and improved and of course I was interested in finding out more about it since radiographic imaging is extremely important for dental diagnosis.

According to the Dexis promotional material this new sensor "The new DEXIS Titanium sensor captures consistent, phenomenal images with improved tissue contrast across the broader spectrum of radiation levels especially at low doses. " As I understand it the new sensor filters the data better and enhances it in a way that provides an even clearer image. There are more improvements advertised but they "had me" when  they said "clearer images".

I asked Keith,  my sales rep,  if I was eligible for an upgrade, since I subscribe to a rather expensive replacement option for my sensor and pay Dexis around $195per month, to maintain this program. Keith told me that of course I could upgrade for what I remember was about $5,000. I thought about it for about 30 seconds and decided that my Platinum Sensor was fine for now.

A few months later,  Keith came by my office for a visit, I showed him some images taken with my sensor and there were two little black dots on the periphery that appeared to be artifacts on all of my recent x-ray images. He explained that it was evidence of sensor degradation and advised me to call  Dexis  support and show them my images and they would authorize the replacement  my sensor at no additional charge.

Another couple of months went by before I called Dexis support and asked them to remotely log in and view these dots. They immediately  OK'ed a new sensor i and asked me if I minded if they sent me a new Titanium replacement instead of a Platinum one. Wow, this seemed too good to be true and I asked if there would be any additional charge and the technician said no. He explainedd that it would require a new installation of the Dexis software on all my office computers, but there would be no  charge.

Last Thursday my new sensor arrived in my office and I will have Dexis support log in and install the newest software for Dexis Titanium Thursday morning while I am teaching at NYU. Sometimes things actually turn out better than expected. Thank you Dexis!



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/05/dexis-upgrade-to-titanium.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know