Can I please wear the heavy vest?


My patient showed up for her appointment and seemed a little nervous. This wasn't completely surprising since thats her "style" and she has been my patient for many years, but her request was unexpected. Can I wear the heavy vest?" I responded that I wasn't sure what she meant and she explained that she wanted to wear the lead X-ray apron while having her treatment. The weight of it would calm her down. Hmmm... Unusual but ok with me.

Once draped with the apron, my patient instantly relaxed and smiled. "I feel better now" she exclaimed! She was ready for treatment... sort of. She explained that she was considering whitening her teeth and asked if that would affect the color match of the anterior filling I was about to replace.

I really dread that question since it usually results in me delaying their anterior filling until after they complete their whitening and that meant the my patient was off the hook for now. As we removed her lead apron and she got out of our dental chair she smiled once again and added " I knew the apron would make a difference.. It went really well!"

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/05/can-i-please-wear-heavy-vest.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know