What did you do this weekend?



During the week, mostly I have simple meals for dinner, since usually I run out of gas by dinner time and have no energy to do much real cooking, but on the weekends, I sleep late and often plan a meal or two to make for lunch or dinner. Since my apartment is in Queens ( the most diverse NYC borough) there are no shortage of supermarkets that supply ethnic cooking ingredients.

Queens has a large Asian population and my apartment is  a short hop and a skip to many Asian markets. Often they feature excellent fresh seafood including live lobsters and blue crabs. Yesterday I felt "adventurous" and I googled "Crab Feast" and found out what I needed to do to make my own. I made an excursion to a Asian market in Fresh Meadows and bought a dozen very live crabs to steam in vinegar and water with a generous helping of Old Bay Seasoning. I covered my table with cut up Trader Joes paper bags and we had our own Crab Feast. It was a big success, but the consensus was that next time I need to buy two dozen crabs.






from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/08/what-did-you-do-this-weekend.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know