Baby it's cold outside?

We are starting 2018 with a bone chilling cold spell.  It's 14 degrees outside and with the wind chill factor it feels more like 4 degrees. This sort of weather can make a mess of the morning commute since trains don't perform so well during extreme weather conditions.  I do not drive my car into work, since the traffic conditions almost guarantee a somewhat stressful commute, so I have two decent options; an express bus or the subway.

Staying warm shouldn't be too difficult since New Yorkers know how to dress warmly using multiple layers, both on top and bottom (long underwear and ski pants) . Still most New Yorkers do not relish making unnecessary trips outside during these spells, especially my senior citizen patients, who tend to refrain from coming in for anything other than emergency dentistry.

Regardless, out office will be open for business, and even without seeing many patients we have plenty to do. Our first day back from the holidays are usually spent with some clerical housekeeping for the office.  I expect some emergency visits as well. Invariably, after an extended holiday, some essential piece of equipment will malfunction ( we have been closed for 10 days) and require attention and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of my staff is sick ( I've got the sniffles already!) Even though "the weather outside is frightful" I am looking forward to being back in the office. I have had a nice vacation, feel rested and can't wait to get back to my office and start seeing my patients.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2018/01/baby-its-cold-outside.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know