Do dentists like it when patients have a perfect check up?

Many people feel that it is the dentists mission to find something wrong with their teeth during a check up. Although it is our job to thoroughly inspect our patients mouths to detect problems and suggest needed repairs before they can cause even  bigger problems, we really like it when our patients don't need any additional dentistry.

The other day, two of my patients, a husband and wife, came in for their check up and cleaning and had no problems. They had travelled from far away in Nevada where they live and were in NY to visit for the week. I have been caring for them since 1986 and performed all of their dental work during this time. I should add that they have been model patients, coming in when they are supposed to and performing all recommended dental procedures.

When examining them last week I was impressed with how healthy their mouths looked and how their dental work had held up. Neither had lost any teeth , nor had any root canals been needed during the thirty one years they had been coming. For most of that time they both worked nearby, but now they are retired and live in a Suburb of Los Vegas. I fell honored that t that they still continue to use  even though I am no longer so convenient to see. I must admit I was filled with pride and seeing them in dental health made my day! Who says we dentists like finding problems!

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://ift.tt/2npVv1J - http://ift.tt/1SpPbm6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know