Some things change but some things stay the same?

Dentistry is constantly evolving and an excellent dental practitioner has to be committed to life long learning.  I maintain a perfect five star rating on Google, teach at NYU College of Dentistry and really enjoy treating my patients. I continue to actively participate in over 100 hours of continuing education each year and I am a leader of a Spear Study Club that meets almost every month. 

 The writing on the wall clearly shows that our profession is transitioning away from making our patients porcelain fused to metal crowns as  practitioners are making a greater portion of their crowns all ceramic ( mostly either lithium disilicate or zirconium crowns).  I have become adept at utilizing these newer style restorations and am enjoying teaching the newer techniques to fourth year dental students at NYUCD. 

Keeping up to date is an important part of producing predictably excellent results for our patients and during my lengthy career I have witnessed big changes in how dentistry is performed. One thing has not changed. Good work takes time and short cuts should be avoided. Also, a good dental office needs to keep a professional and committed staff; one that treats patients in a caring and respectful manner. Fortunately my staff makes me proud and we have an excellent team!




from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2021/10/some-things-change-but-some-things-stay.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know