When is your vacation and are you going anywhere?



 My staff and I haven't taken time off since our Winter break at the end of 2020 and we are all happy to have two weeks off starting August 16th.  Last Friday was my last day teaching until September. Our office closed last week and we will reopen on August 30th. My son David and I will be in Woods Hole, Ma, a community I have been spending time almost every summer since 1959. 

My father was a scientist and Woods Hole and we were fortunate to be able to spend entire summers there. Woods Hole is home to the Marine Biological Laboratories and also the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. Originally we went there so he could spend time researching at MBL, but we all liked it so much that we went there even when he wasn't at the MBL. We spent our summers at the beach, biking, fishing, playing tennis, and visiting with our summer friends.

Last summer we decided on staying home during the pandemic and this summer I was also planning on a staycation, since I couldn't find a place that was available,  but at the last second we were able to book  place in Woods Hole , so we will be able  continue our annual summer tradition .  Both my son and I are really looking forward to time there. I'm glad that we are going together and recharge our batteries in Woods Hole.




from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2021/08/when-is-your-vacation-and-are-you-going.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know