Who is that cute little dog?


Yesterday my son asked if we could babysit his little dog Georgie Girl. I said of course and he dropped her off at 3:30 and promised to return by 6 PM to pick her up. Georgie, my Granddog is truly adorable and she sat with Ida, my office manager until she left at 5 PM and I took over babysitting duties since I had finished my last patient for the day.

Interestingly most patients are fine with a tiny cute dog in the office. In fact for several years when David was very small we had a small 7 lb dog Max who I brought with me in a carrying bag every day to the office. Max did tricks for patients. He knew how to roll over, play dead, "speak" and twirl around on command. He also was happy to sleep on the laps of anxious patients, if they so desired.

Once in a while one of my patients objected but this only occurred infrequently. Most people are less stressed out around well behaved dogs and it was a good feature in the office while Max was alive. When he passed away, I didn't have the heart to replace him.

My son, kept to his word, and he came back at 6 PM and We went to dinner at Miss Korea, a barbecue place in Korea town that we both like. Georgie came along and stayed quietly in her bag, happy to be reunited with David at "long last".

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2020/01/who-is-that-cute-little-dog.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know