I'm in the mood for lunch?


I was standing in front of my hygiene room and we were listening to Louis Armstrong Radio on Pandora. "I'm in the mood for love was playing and I was humming along. Elena, who has a good sense of humor said "I'm in the mood for lunch".

Truth be told this is my staff's favorite part of the day ( me included). We usually sit together and try and discuss topics unrelated to teeth and our patients. For the most part it helps us stay bonded and helps us function as a team. We may not go on team building week ends or go out for drinks after work, but at lunch we hang out and we truly enjoy this communal time.

Most of the time my staff brings lunch and sometimes we share or I'll order lunch for the staff and we share that. I and the rest of my staff enjoy the camaraderie.  Some dental offices choose to not officially take a lunch hour but instead "stagger" lunch breaks so that the office still sees patients through out the day. This adds another hour of office production and can make a difference in busy offices that have to work at getting all their patients seen.  In those offices the dentist usually takes a short break when his or her schedule permits. I have worked like this in the distant past when I was working in other dental practices but I like to take a break between the morning and afternoon since I find it helps me unwind. Afterwards, I find I am  better able  to see my afternoon patients with a more relaxed and positive attitude.




from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2019/09/im-in-mood-for-lunch.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know