What's that growing on your face?


Last Christmas break, I didn't feel like shaving. When it was time to go back to work, I had the beginnings of what looked like a  beard. I had enjoyed not shaving and I decided to keep my beard for the time being. This grooming decision probably runs against the grain of most dentists, whom for the most part are clean shaven. After all, we work closely to our patients and looking clean and neat is definitely in order for our profession.

 When I went  back in my office  patients were not used to seeing me with hair on my face. "What's that I see on your face?" they would ask and then follow up with either "I like it " or "You look better clean shaven"  I usually respond with, "I got tired of shaving".  I guess for the time being my beard will stay but I will have to keep it short and neatly trimmed. The Grizzly Adams Mountain Man look probably won't fly for my patients but I hope that for now they will tolerate the short Van Dyke  that I have grown.

from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://ift.tt/2praR6L - http://ift.tt/1SpPbm6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Child is Terrified of the Dentist

Going for the Gold?

Tongue Ties: What Parents Need to Know