Why do you keep on working when you could retire and enjoy life?

 The truth is rather simple..At this point I try and maintain a work/life balance. I am working 2 1/2 days per week in my office and one day per week being an attending dentist at Mount Sinai's dental residency program. While the news I read daily in newspapers is truly concerning , it seems that most or all of the events depicted are out of my individual control.

Accordingly, I stick to what I know best, dentistry. I am fixing the world one tooth at a time and it gives my life more meaning. I still find dentistry satisfying  and the patients I am treating or supervising treatment (at Sinai) depend on me .  I plan on working as long as my health and stamina allow. 

My son David is seeing his own schedule , one day a week in our practice and I expect that as time goes he will get to know all my patients and eventually it is my hope that he will be willing and able to take over the practice , when the time is right.

Mean while, I enjoy my interactions with patients and dental residents and look forward to my continued good health and ability to be of service.



from Ask Dr. Spindel - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/2026/07/why-do-you-keep-on-working-when-you.html - http://lspindelnycdds.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going for the Gold?

Why is my denture loose???

Fast Food dentistry vs "High end" dentistry?